There are two steps in making an application for the CCP exam: Application & Payment and Supporting Documentation.
All candidates must make application and remit payment online or submit a downloadable application with payment information provided.
Certification fees are US$ 450 for AACE Members and
US$ 575 for Non-Members. All fees are non-refundable.
All candidates must submit experience/education verification documentation AND the required MS Word formatted 2,500 minimum word technical papers to AACE Certification staff.
- 5 hours maximum
- 120 simple multiple choice and compound, scenario questions
- Closed Book – onscreen formula sheet(s) will be available for use
- Any style, battery operated calculator permitted (not provided by the testing center)
The Certification Board recommends your technical paper topic be something with which you are already familiar, such as a project you have done at work or something in which you have acquired a great deal of expertise in your professional career. The chosen topic is not as important as your ability to communicate through your paper. Be sure to follow the recommendations described in the Certification Paper Requirements (How to Write a Technical Paper) guide.
The Computer Based Test is a 120 MCQ 5 hour continuous four part closed book exam. However, formula guides were developed to assist in calculating specific questions and available onscreen, when, and if, needed. Candidates are also permitted to bring any style of calculator, including programmable calculators, to use during the exam.
- Part I – Supporting Skills & Knowledge
- Part II – Economic Analysis
- Part III – Project Management
- Part IV – Cost Estimating and Control
CBT exams are conducted by https://www.kryteriononline.com/ around the year. Check your testing center location and working hours at this website.
To schedule you’re CBT, logon to this website : http://web.aacei.org/certification/certifications-offered/exam-scheduling-tutorial
The purpose of recertifying is to ensure that the candidate maintain the same level of knowledge originally demonstrated when you passed the written examination.
Individuals holding CCP certifications must recertify every three years from the date of their original certification. Recertification is required to assure that AACE International Certified individuals are competent with new and current developments within their field.
Two Ways to Re-certify
- The Professional Credit Plan is the most popular choice for re-certification. It requires the accumulation of 15 re-certification points over a 3 year period Examination.
- Sit for the exam. Re certification by reexamination requires you to pass the certification examination every 3 years.